Cross-border tax servicesFor individuals

As the UK tax system becomes more complex, Shorts provides individuals with cross-border tax advice. We can help support individuals and their employers when they come to and leave the UK. Details of the services we can provide can be found below.

Cross-border tax compliance services for individuals

Shorts can assist individuals who are moving cross-border with any UK tax compliance services they are required to undertake, including any annual filing requirement obligations they may have. This includes the following services:

  • Self assessment tax returns for individuals coming to the UK
  • Self assessment tax returns for individuals leaving the UK
  • Statutory residence test
  • Split year eligibility
  • Residential property returns for non-UK residents
  • Domicile review
  • Remittance tracing review
  • Interaction with the double tax treaties

Cross-border tax planning for individuals and their families

Shorts can provide individuals with cross-border tax advice regarding their move either to or from the UK to ensure that their investments are structured tax efficiently. We are happy to support individuals with the following areas when they are considering a cross-border relocation:

  • Pre-arrival planning
  • Pre-departure planning
  • Statutory residence test
  • Split year eligibility
  • Domicile review
  • Inheritance tax planning for long term non-UK domicile individual
  • Remittance basis planning
  • Pensions advice

Cross-border tax services for employees

Companies who are considering seconding or relocating their employees to or from the UK should take tax advice to ensure that all their UK PAYE regulations are met. Shorts can provide companies with advice before they consider relocating their staff. We can also assist with any UK reporting requirements the Company or employees may have; this includes the following services:

  • Real Time Information reporting
  • Income tax and social security advice for employers and employees
  • Payroll regulation issues
  • Short Term Business Visitors
  • Modified Payroll scheme
  • UK tax filing requirements for secondees
man at airport

Property tax advice for cross-border individuals

In recent years the UK tax system has become more complex for non-UK resident individuals who wish to own UK property, in particular residential properties. Shorts are able to assist individuals who either own or are looking to invest in UK property and provide advice regarding the complexities of the UK tax reporting system, which includes the following.

  • Residential property returns for non-UK residents
  • Non-resident landlord scheme
  • Non-resident Stamp Duty Land Tax assistance
  • Annual taxation of enveloped dwellings
  • Review of property ownership structures

Get in touch with our team today to see how we can help you with cross-border tax

Get started today